New Education Policy 2020 for New Academic Structure in India roll out soon in India, What is the difference between NEP 2020 and Old Education Policy?
Indian Government decides to bring major changes in country academic structure. Recently Union ministers announce the New Education Policy NEP 2020. It is for bringing major changes to Academic Structure in India. They hope this year academic schedule will start from September – October. But as on today situation, it will be not possible.
Highlights of NEP 2020:
- All Higher Education institutes will become Multidisciplinary institution with more than 3000 students in every District.
- Multidisciplinary institution means University in every district with all higher education programme like under graduation and graduation and Technical education.
- IIT’s are also become universities in future and offer Art subjects also in coming days.
- New multiple exit system to Under Graduate programme to reduce dropouts. If students exit degree after one year he gets certificate course status, exit after two years treated as Diploma, exit after 3 years gets undergraduate.
- New Acadamic Bank of Cridts for All students Acadamic perfomences.
- International students office in each University. Our best Universities will go abroad to set campus outside India.
NEP 2020 is the new Academic Structure
The biggest change in NEP 2020 is the new Academic Structure. As on day 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 is running in-country. In new policy 5+3+3+4 offering from next coming academic year. I think it’s really a big move according to my experience.
Three Language system will continue in New NEP 2020 also. The government decides to reduce exam fears in students. All exams will conduct two times in a year to upgrade student to next academic class. So students get relief from final exam fears.
More Tech-based academic courses for bringing most types of courses for all students. No Hard separation between courses.
Difference Between Old and New Education Policy
|New Education Policy||Old Education Policy|
|Academic Structure 5+3+3+4||Academic Structure 10+2+3|
|No board final exams to promote students, Exam conducts twice in the year to determine student promotion||Must pass Board final exams to promote students|
|No Hard separation between courses like Arts, Science etc.||Separation between courses like Arts, Science etc|
|Three Languages system English, Hindi and Regional Language||Three Languages system English, Hindi and Regional Language|
More information about new education policy will going to discus soon.