How to Setup iBall Baton 150mbps Wireless Router without Internet Connection…
iBall baton 150MBPS wireless router is quickly gaining popularity among the Indian citizens. The router serves the user in indoors matters providing reliable internet connections. One doesn’t require experts to connect the router. The gadget is simple to handle and works on wireless products giving full satisfaction on internet needs.
Users can connect their wireless WI-FI router using simple steps which will discuss in this article. The router is easily connected to any broadband from BSNL, Airtel etc. Amazingly the connection can take place without any internet connection thus serving effectively.
There two main ways to connect the modem/router by:
- Bridging mode
- PPPoE mode (always on)
Steps in set up iBall Baton 150MPBS router
Before taking any step one should check on gadgets available, have all the tools ready.
- Begin by power cycling the modem and router.
- To help you do this unplug the modem and the router from your power source.
- Now connect your Ethernet cable which is from your modem to the WAN or the internet port of the router.
- After proper connection you need to power the modem. First start with the modem followed by the router. Plug them back to the power source.
- It will take some time and the modem will boot up.
- Now power the router, by plugin the router power supply and connect it to the wall.
- Give it some seconds and then turn on your computer device. Note you shouldn’t be connected to any other wireless network.
- Check for light on the power section, as it’s an indication of proper connection of the LAN and WAN ports.
- Now go to the web browser on your computer and configure the router.
- Fill in the address which can be 192.168.1.1 and then press the enter button.
- The system will give a login page, here enter the default details.
- After entering the correct credentials, the system will direct you to the wizard page.
- Now click on the setup wizard button, followed by the launch internet connection tab and select next.
- You need to create an administrator password in order to connect to the router with the internet devices.
- This being the final stage check and set up the time zone plus other settings which you will require.
- Save all the details set and click on the connect button. Save your settings and reboot the router. This might take few minutes.
- There you go, you have set up the I-Ball Baton 150MBPS wireless router with no internet connection.
- First connect the modem to the computer device using the LAN
- On your browser key in the address 192.168.1.1. this should in the format of https://192.168.1.1
- Now key in your username and password.
- The status of the modem will be displayed and no OVC is connected.
- On the same page go to the network set up>WAN. Now change the bridging mode to PPPoA/PPPoE
- Now check the following setting and fill in as directed: on the service name field one needs to enter “Data one” then fill in your broadband password and username in the space provided.
- Note the value of VCI can only be 35.
- Now save the setting and there you are connected.