Remember G-suite? Let me give hints of this famous Google product which was formerly known as google apps for work. Now you remember the brand was the mother of many google activities like the cloud computing, software and product development. It also entailed Gmail, Hangouts, calendar plus google+. All this were the communication apps from the big giant google.
G-suite was officially established in the year 2006 August 28 and has been to existence giving some of the services freely. Enough with the G-suite brand and we take on the Gmail account. It’s a free email services from the same famous company google. It popular globally as most of us use the email service to communicate important messages. The service was launched in the year 2004 April 1 and has gain popularity over the years.
How can one copy emails from G-suite to new Gmail account?
Shifting of emails happens when one is moving from one company to another. you don’t want to leaving pending emails on google server. Employers also make changes when employees leave the company compiling all important details then permanently deleting the information. Below we have steps of how to transfer email messages to new Gmail account.
1. First enable the POP from your account
- Go to your old G-suite account select settings
- Check for the forwarding and POP/IMAP button.
- Now select enable POP for the email.
- After this go to the POP download tab and save the changes.
2. Produce a password
you require password to help in the downloading process. This quite different where modern apps only function using a OAuth protocol. This means you cannot share Gmail password with other third-party apps. The POP3 protocol requires one to enter password for it to function normally.
- Log to your old Gmail account.
- Key in the link google.com/apppassword
- Select custom and enter the name in the space provided example get Gmail through POP.
- The system will give a password for the app.
3. Now transfer the emails to the new Gmail account
- First open your browser sign in with the new Gmail account.
- On the menu bar select the setting tab.
- Check and click for the “account “and “import” button.
- Now go for the import mails and contacts.
- Check all details and then go to the windows where you enter your old email address. That is the old Gmail account address.
- Select the continue/proceed button.
- Now enter the specific password of the old Gmail account.
- Enter the POP username which is the email address.
- For the POP server enter POP.gmail.com
- Now go for the port 995 then enable the use SSL setting.
- After enabling the setting, you need to label the messages to learn the incoming messages from the old email. Example “leave copy of retrieve message” then label them as “incoming messages”
- Select the start importing tab.
- The process will begin and all messages from the old G-suite account will be transferred to new Gmail account. The process takes a few minutes but according to the number of massages one had.